Sunday, January 06, 2008

If I were Edwards (1)

All of a sudden, all presidential candidates are for "change". The new motto. But, who can deliver "real" changes? From Saturday's night debate:
Hillary: "As Senator of New York, I have made changes....sign those bills. When we came to the White House in 1992, we were facing a huge deficit. When we left, we had a great surplus. That's change. When I become the President, I will be the first woman elected. That's is change"

Edwards: "Is it not part of the job as Senator to do something? All Senators, Governors, all of us running as candidates have done something. It was our job. Now, Hillary, are you taking credit for the years of Bill Clinton? Does it mean if you are elected, your husband will be running the show?"

"You have been in the White House for 8 years. So, Hillary, if you are elected president, there will be no change. If Obama is elected, that will be a change. If I am elected, I will not only change the colours, I will expel all lobbysts from the White House temple. That will be real change."